Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tangrams

(37) matt loves playing with tangrams
When my oldest son was 3-years-old, he loved getting out the Tangram pieces and solving Tangram puzzles. I found a 6-pack of sturdy, plastic tangrams in great colors at a teacher supply store.
You can order a colorful set of four here. Or you can print and cut out paper tangrams on cardstock here.
fish arrow doghouse turtle
  • Tangram Puzzles
    1. Make several puzzle cards and laminate them.
    2. Before I gave them to my 3-year-old, I solved the puzzles and drew lines so they would be much simpler for him. Believe me, it really makes them think just figuring how to turn the pieces the right way to fit inside the puzzle.
    3. There are several shapes to choose from here (or click on the pictures above).
tangrambook
Read Three Pigs, One Wolf, Seven Magic Shapes by Grace Maccarone. Use tangram shapes to recreate the figures in the book to help the pigs solve problems they encounter! Amazon has the book herefor about $4 … a fantastic addition to your tangram unit!
  • Print out the shapes from the book here and solve the puzzles with tangram pieces. Includes puzzles for …
    1. a duck
    2. a house
    3. a cat
    4. a boat
    5. a whale
    6. a seal
    7. a bear
    8. a running man
    9. a dog

  • square

    Snack Idea: Cut a sandwich into tangram pieces Smile

    1 comment:

    1. Hi, can you share how did you adjust the size of the tangram printables from the website you provided to those you attached above. I have tried printing sizes from small, medium and large but none would let my daughter fit the tangram pieces nicely on the printables. Thanks.

      ReplyDelete

    I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...